Intellectual Ouptut 6, is a Methodology for Digital Platform for Open Educational Resources – OER – Media Production – Radio, Film and Television. Open Educational Resources (OER) are “teaching, learning and research materials in any medium, digital or otherwise, that reside in the public domain or have been released under an open license that permits no-cost access, use, adaptation and redistribution by others with no or limited restrictions” (OER Paris Declaration, 2012).
Thus, Open Educational Resources give educators the ability to adapt instructional resources to the individual needs of their students, to ensure that resources are up-to-date, and to ensure that cost is not a barrier to accessing high-quality standards-aligned resources. These tools offer an easy way to find and vet educational resources aligned to standards.
On-line platforms used to create and share OER make it easy for educators to:
– Easily and clearly attach an open license to their lesson plan or instructional resource;
– Be able to search for lesson plans and other resources and filter results by license type;
– Be able to download the OER hosted on the platform.
OER will allow students to:
– Extend training process outside the classroom;
– Have open access to worldwide references in a specific field;
– Develop autonomous work methods;
– Develop critical thinking.
According to these objectives, our Open Educational Resources platform will use exclusively open sources systems. The platform will include:
– Academic research in the field of media production;
– Full courses and course materials;
– Videos, tests, software, and other tools, materials, or techniques used to support access to knowledge.
As a dynamic resource, OER will change over time in the course of having knowledge seekers interacting with and updating them, which can be very useful in the field of media production. Our goal is to create a database accompanying the educational process, but also a community of practices around the issue of new media production.